[NSRCA-discussion] S.bus

Atwood, Mark atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Fri Jul 9 09:28:19 AKDT 2010

It's a good question, but I think the base number starts at zero.  Meaning we're comparing NO latency with some latency.  I.e. 0 -11, or 0 - 14 or 0 - 250.    No delay is obviously the goal...though clearly impractical.   The question is at what point are we able to notice the latency.

I think the movie industry gives us a reasonable benchmark  to work with, in that movie frames are 30ms apart and we're generally unable to discern any break.   There are faster systems for film that with studies are considered "smoother" but I believe below 15ms there was little perceivable difference (that was 72FPS if I recall)

Time to go do some research...or not.

Mark Atwood
Paragon Consulting, Inc.  |  President
5885 Landerbrook Drive Suite 130, Cleveland Ohio, 44124