[NSRCA-discussion] S.bus

rcmaster199 at aol.com rcmaster199 at aol.com
Fri Jul 9 06:28:01 AKDT 2010

I don't see much application in pattern planes or smaller sport planes that use one servo per surface unless the size and weight limit was lifted such that we'd need several servos per?surface. But could be wrong.
?
What would be neat would be a TX that listed all servos and the desired assignment for that servo. The RX has no primary or secondary or aux ports...all are the same. This way one could plug into any port and control assignment made from the TX. This is possible with today's radios except the assignments are cumbersome.
?
What I am thinking of is a simple spreadsheet matrix...on the left side is the active servo and on the right side the listed potential assignment for that servo that one could toggle through and choose Perhaps a thrrd and fourth column in the spread sheet would show mixers and amounts of mix, master slave relationships, etc.?
?
?A second spreadsheet screen could be used to show throw, ATV, expo and dual or triple rates for each with settable assignments for each control. Servo matching for ailerons or dual elevators for those who run them could also be done from the second screen. I wonder if it's possible to change servo speed by changing TX control demand. The servo motor?drive voltage would need to be selected by the TX for any one servo. Ed, Jim, is this doable in any practical way?
?
The software would need to become much more sophisticated than it is today
?
regards
?
MattK