[NSRCA-discussion] computer experts

Jon Lowe jonlowe at aol.com
Wed Jan 27 07:52:42 AKST 2010

 Do this, copied from the net from a site I trust.  I've used these programs.  To boot in Safemode with networking, repeatedly hit the F8 key while the computer is rebooting:

"Download, install, update and scan with the 2 Programs below.
If the infection won't let to do that in Normal Mode(download, etc), do
everything in "Safe Mode with Networking".
All info below.

http://www.spybot.info/en/index.html

Spybot Search & Destroy is a very good, FREE Anti-Spyware Program.
Download, install, update, and immunize your System with it.
Then SCAN with it.
Update it, and scan your System once a fortnight.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Malwarebytes is as the name says, a Malware Remover!
For the Free version scroll down their page to either download from
Download.com, or Major Geeks.com

Download, install, and update.

Important re: Safe Mode
If you happen to find a problem that you can’t uninstall / delete, reboot
the computer, and go into Safe Mode.
To get into Safe mode, tap F8 right at Power On / Startup, and use UP arrow
key to get to Safe Mode from list of options, then hit ENTER.
RESCAN your computer with your Anti-Virus, Malwarebytes and Spybot S & D
while in Safe Mode.

If unable to install above Programs in Normal Mode:
Sometimes Trojans, Viruses, Malware, etc stop you installing and/or updating
Programs to remove them.
If that happens, reboot into Safe Mode with Networking (from F8 list of
Startup Options), and install, update and scan from there. "

I'm now using Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) on my computer, free from Microsoft. Combines anti-virus and anti-malware into a single product.  Just Google it to download.  It updates every day.

Jon Lowe