[NSRCA-discussion] PACSS Upgrade

Gene Maurice gene.maurice at sgmservice.com
Tue Jan 5 07:57:30 AKST 2010

John,

401 thru 409 are just identifiers that are used as the key to the class /
schedule data, it just happen to be the AMA class / schedule numbers. Go
figure. You can make those identifiers anything you want, at Contest Setup
it asks you to "Name" the classes. You can also assign any schedule to any
class in your contest. The way the system works today is that by default it
assigns the AMA / FAI schedules in effect as of the date of the contest.

Currently the key to the schedules is the ID  mentioned above and the
schedule effective date. You can create a new schedule without deleting the
AMA schedule by simply assigning a different effective date and then change
the schedule assigned to the class in Contest Setup.  Part of the upgrade
will be to add and Organization identifier, ie. AMA, SPA, GBRCAA, MAAC,
etc.. in addition then it can default to the schedule in effect for that
organization but still allow you to select and assign any schedule.

Every release of PACSS has included a file conversion program that converts
the existing user data to whatever that new file format is. It is my intent
to do that this time also. I will do everything I can to preserve any custom
data.

Hope this helps.....

Gene Maurice

gene.maurice at sgmservice.com