[NSRCA-discussion] Starter

frank frankjuliei at comcast.net
Fri Jan 1 15:14:36 AKST 2010

I have one of these. Do as Jerry says- supply your own power source. The
highest capacity  NiMhs available  from P.A.C.  were weak from the get go-
so the owner(?) "Johnson " reluctantly  took them back. I replaced them with
two 3300 NiMhs- better,  but still not great. They require frequent
recharges and after 2-3 cold  first starts, it struggles to turn my 0S140RX
.   If you can , use  high capacity Nicads( cheaper- may have to enlarge
battery cradle) or Lipos. I find it also helps to keep a piece of sandpaper
around to scuff up the  black rubber insert so that it doesn't slip on the
spinner - better yet,  ask for the silicone insert .

Frank

  _____