[NSRCA-discussion] A few questions for the pattern list

Michael Cohen precisionaero at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 1 11:00:12 AKST 2010

Oh great and powerful NSRCA list, I have a few questions for you to start off this new year.  So, without any further delay:

1)  I am FINALLY building a U Can Do 3D I won at a pattern contest in ABQ about 4 years ago (winters in MI are good for something), and I am planning on putting a 120AC in it since that is the only thing between a .61 2 stroke and the YS engines I have.  I need to keep the pitch at 6 or below, so what diameter prop would work for the 120AC with a 6 pitch?

2)  Does anyone sell the YS mufflers for these engines any more or is the something else out there that will work?

3)  I need to buy a new charger for 2010.  I do not fly large electrics, so I just need something for the NiMH and 3000 mAh Li-pos that I have for the receiver batteries and the small electrics.  Any suggestions?

4)  I am soon expecting the arrival of a CARF Integral to replace my dearly beloved Brio that tried to unsuccessfully mid-air mate with another pattern plane last year.  I am planning on using a YS 160DZ with a Hatori 821 Muffler and a Nishioka mount.  Which Hatori Header is the correct one to use, the 822 or the 823?

Thanks and Happy New Year

Mike Cohen