[NSRCA-discussion] Perry VP30 Question

Pascoe,Tim [Burlington] Tim.Pascoe at ec.gc.ca
Mon Feb 15 18:53:42 AKST 2010

I'm putting together a practice plane with an OS1.60, including a Perry VP30 pump. I've never used a Perry pump before, and am wondering about the mounting instructions. It says to ensure that the inflow/outflow nipples are mounted horizontally, with the bleed hole down. However, I'm finding it tough to get a place near the engine where I can mount it this way.

1) Does it have to be close to the engine (can I mount it inside the fuse behind the firewall by 4-5 inches)?
2) Can I mount it with the inflow/outflow vertical, and closer to the engine?

Thanks,

Tim