[NSRCA-discussion] Firewall Material

rcmaster199 at aol.com rcmaster199 at aol.com
Fri Feb 5 13:49:04 AKST 2010

Plain weave 3K is fine Anthony. I have both types of cloth and use the plain more for all kinds of apps, including propellers and landing gear (high perf requirements). But twill is fine for flats and they say is actually a little stronger. I find it more difficult to work with

I've been getting mine from Fiberglast lately but most any sources with good pricing will work. I wait for the 20% off coupons from Fiberglast (at least once a month) and get a couple yards. It is expensive material but worth the price. BTW, forget about using 1K cloth for structural things....it's nice and light and looks good but that's about it. It has little guts...if you want it, use it as top coat after you reinforced the structure with the stronger grade.

Please let me know the ebay sources. Always looking for less expensive materials that are appropriate to use.

MattK