[NSRCA-discussion] website back up

Bill Glaze billglaze at bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 6 10:28:09 AKST 2010

Ed:
This man contacted me several years ago, (~ 2005, I believe) and said that he was going to start an R/C Museum, and we spoke for quite a while.  He had been told about me by Zel Ritchie, who had (as far as I know) the first truly proportional radio.  Zel had asked me to try it out for him ~1959 or thereabouts, so I installed it in a "retired" Astro Hog I had been using for competition.  I first flew it in the parking lot of the Los Angeles Kings, (across from Hollywood Park Race Track) in Inglewood, Calif., and I was so impressed that later in the week,  I flew it again, which I did in the parking lot of Vessel's Race Track (for Quarter Horse Racing) in Orange County.
That was all it took for me to realize "This is the way it should be done."  I had been flying nothing but 8 or 10 channel Orbit reed/relay radios.  (I was sponsored by Bob Dunham, owner of Orbit.)  If only Zel had enough venture capital, this setup would have taken the R/C world by storm, at least that's the way I see it.  To many of us, proportional meant Galloping Ghost" (ugh) systems.  Those things, (thankfully) never caught hold out on the Left Coast.

Bill Glaze
P.S. the first paragraph above is fact; the second is my opinion, except for the sponsorship, which is a fact.