[NSRCA-discussion] "Sick" Lipo Packs

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Sat Dec 4 17:12:13 AKST 2010

I'm still trying to figure out what is happening that makes the cells
"puff".  I know it's not good, but since I'm an aeronautical engineer
and not an "electro-chemical" engineer (whatever that is), I don't
know what is going on.  Is there a chemical change that results in
the production of a gas?  If so, what is it?  Where does the gas go
when you charge the pack? If not, just what is going on?

Ron VP