[NSRCA-discussion] website back up

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Fri Dec 3 09:10:57 AKST 2010

On 12/3/2010 11:21 AM, Keith Hoard wrote:

> I bet those sneaky beady-eyed IMAC guys are behind this. . . always
> trying to bring us down to their level . . .

Heh heh.  "Nil nisi bonum de [flugleri]."

> On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 10:20 AM, Pete Cosky <pcosky at comcast.net
> <mailto:pcosky at comcast.net>> wrote:

>     Thanks for getting this done Marty.

We're only halfway there.

We found the proximate cause of the interruption (.htaccess and
index.html files).

We haven't found the ultimate cause--how the trojans got into
the system.

I've just turned off the FTP layer in Joomla as a preventive measure.

Jason set the Joomla component folders to 775 recursively.

That could also cause problems--and may not really fix anything.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, folks.

				Marty