[NSRCA-discussion] How bad is it?

John Gayer jgghome at comcast.net
Fri Aug 20 05:48:52 AKDT 2010

John

If they are truly at zero your Cellpro should refuse to charge them.You
can probably recover the packs by putting them on a wall-wart for 15
minutes to bring them up from zero and then put them back on the
Cellpro. Of course you want to do this outside on a concrete slab with
no flammables in sight.
I've done this with 2s and 3s packs for small electrics. I have also
done it for the redundant packs of a pattern airplane but afterwards I
always matched up a recovered pack with a  fresh pack. So far I have had
zero problems with the recovered packs for either reliability or capacity.
I also use Ed's system with two switches and use them to ensure that
both packs are functional for each flight. Also I always remove the
packs from the airplane after the flying session as part of the teardown
process. You are going to remove them for charging anyway so remove them
at the field and avoid the possibility of hitting a switch while putting
the plane in the car.

John