[NSRCA-discussion] weight difference

Patterndude lance.vannostrand at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 11:56:57 AKDT 2010

Thx.  I have a rare opportunity to answer during the day so pardon if this is too far out.  The correctness between a representative governance or populist should be revisited from time to time. Generally a voting hierarchy exists when rules/laws have excruciating detail or a concern of letting one constituency have bully influence. Do you think pattern fits either of these descriptions (or both)?  We get less than 20% response on most surveys, this nsrca list is vocal but a small minority, rcu and others have a different following and there are the silent majority. Having a cb member accept the responsibility to aggregate all the inputs is an attempt to more fairly represent the will of the people. Also these members commit to dealing with the details.
In fact the weight issue has been in several surveys and consistently been answered. In the current process we are now trying how to implement the will of the members, not if. There are 4 cross proposals on the subject and these are the result of many others input. The differences between them are subtle and discussion forums may have difficulty vetting them without swinging in favor of the people able to make more posts than the other thoughtful person that may have a busy day in progress and unable to comment. Having a consistent group to vet ideas gives comfort to many that a consistent standard is being applied.
   I think different structures are right for different organizations and if we can get rid of half our members than a full member vote on wveyrhing would probably be better but I'm hoping for the opposite

For a practical guy I think I strained a theoretical muscle. Anyone able to offer me a theoretical cure?

Lance

Sent from my iPhone