[NSRCA-discussion] weight difference

Tim Taylor timsautopro at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 19 08:02:52 AKDT 2010

."  MOST…and I do mean MOST, really don’t care.   “tell me the rules, and I’ll play by them”.   That group, and it’s by far the largest group, wants consistency year to year to year.  That saves them the most money as they get a much longer lifespan from their investment.

-M"

This is 100% correct I believe. Most don't care what we do and just want to fly. Most don't care what their airplane weighs as they'll never get weighed either.

I've never seen any local contest weigh an airplane or measure it. Noise check? fat chance. Not saying it doesn't happen, just that I've never seen it.

I don't fly often anymore so maybe my voice doesn't count as much as those that do. That's ok, I'll show up at a contest here and there, fly as well as I can and go home.

We can continue to follow the rules that in reality only apply to one contest every other year so that the top 3 guys can to go to one other contest every other year.

Tim