[NSRCA-discussion] OJ Stillman Pattern contest flier

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Wed Aug 18 16:11:58 AKDT 2010

Not a problem.  I've been doing that for years in the local schools.
I love to tell them how airplanes really fly, which is sometimes
contrary to what is taught in some full-scale flight schools.  My
favorite thing to tell them is, "Just because something explains the
physical phenomena, it doesn't mean that it's correct."  As an
example, I tell them that light bulbs are not really light-emitting,
they are actually "dark-suckers".  You know:  It's lighter close to
them because the dark-sucker works better close up and it's darker
behind a post because the dark-sucker can't suck light from behind a
post as well as it can from the front side.  The kicker is when I ask
them what a burned-out bulb looks like.  The dark spot on it means
that it's sucked up all the dark it can.

I love to mess with their young minds.  It teaches them not to trust
adults.

Ron