[NSRCA-discussion] 15C vs 20C Flightmax batteries

verne at twmi.rr.com verne at twmi.rr.com
Wed Aug 11 08:46:22 AKDT 2010

The latest 20C packs shown on Hobby City are heavier yet, though out of stock. I don't remember the actual weight, but I think it was in the 640g range which is too heavy for me.

Verne

---- Ed White <edvwhite at yahoo.com> wrote:

=============
I flew the 15C's last year (about 60 flights per pack) and am still flying them
this year. This year I added two 20C packs to the mix. I've got perhaps 25
flights each on the 20C's.  Can't see a lot of difference between them in
flight.  The older 15C IR's (with probably 80+ flights on each) are in the 4-5
mohm range.  The newer 20C's are in the 2-3 mohm range.  I expect that the
lighter weight of the 15C's compensates for their higher IR's.  The current
20C's are not just 10 grams heavier than the 15C's.  Verne's numbers (587 vs 622
grams) are right on the money.  This is all on FAI P11 at about 65 amps max.

For me the choice comes down to weight.  The lighter weight seems a bit better
trade off (in P11).  In Masters, or if I were pulling 75 amps, I would probably
go for the 20C's in the hope of better longevity.  Though since I haven't yet
even thought about retiring the 15C's, I really don't have a longevity
comparison.

Ed