[NSRCA-discussion] FW: Your message to NSRCA-discussion awaits moderator approval

Tom Simes simestd at netexpress.com
Tue Apr 13 06:09:29 AKDT 2010

On 04/13/10 04:42, Dr Mike wrote:

> [...]

I'm open to another show of hands, but in the past there have been a
number of people who wanted the list maximum message size kept small for
those on dialup or with limited e-mail capacity.  The size has been
100KB since before I became the list admin.  Occasionally I'll approve
messages slightly larger than the limit - but not 20 times larger.

If the list membership would like to bump the size up somewhat, that's
fine by me.  Keep in mind though that there are still folks out there in
our community on dialup or with 10 MB e-mail quotas at their provider.
When something large like this comes through it can really clog the
pipes, or potentially cause them to loose other mail due to their inbox
being full.

By the way, if you are on one of those providers with small e-mail
quotas, I highly recommend going with Google's free G-mail service.  The
service is great, free and very feature rich.  Drop me a line if you
need a hand getting set up.

https://mail.google.com/

--
Tom

    "Z-80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, the system's

Tom Simes                                       simestd at netexpress.com