[NSRCA-discussion] Genesis revisited

rcmaster199 at aol.com rcmaster199 at aol.com
Sun Apr 11 04:53:20 AKDT 2010

John,

Here' a simple gauge you can make from clear lexan to set you fin vertical, as Verne has recommended. The vertical is simply pinned onto the fin post's. Adjust where the fin is pinned so that the plane sits level. The triangle base is set on the table or other flat surface you have.

The other horizontal lines are alignment marks for the stabs CL.....the stab is pinned onto one of the horizontals while the glue cures. Takes the guesswork out of stab alignment.... Works great with anhedral stabs too. BTW, the second thing I set on the plane is the fin and stab relationship. The first thing is always the horizontal reference line on the fuse....that is, the angle at which I want to fuse to fly at. On my designs, the stab is centered on this line, but other prefer stabs above it or below it. It doesn't matter...the triangle gauge works fine any way you want it

The height gauge is by far the best set-up tool pattern people can own. I'v discussed its usefulness in the KFactor many years ago now. There are some varieties that are very inexpensive, like less than 50 bucks. You want one that's at least 1 foot high

Matt Kebabjian