[NSRCA-discussion] Genesis revisited

Verne Koester verne at twmi.rr.com
Fri Apr 9 20:47:09 AKDT 2010

John,
You may be far better off in the long run cutting out the wing and stab tube
sockets. Then jig up the fuse so the fin is straight up and down (90 degrees
to your table). At that point, you just need to glue the new sockets in so
the tubes are parallel to the table. I realize I'm over-simplifying the
process, but I think it would give you the best chance for long term
success. If you don't ruin the fin by bending it with a heat gun, it will
almost certainly end up where it started after being out in the sun for
awhile. BTW, I never trust alignment marks molded into a fuse. My first
alignment steps are to make the fin perpendicular to my table and check out
the down thrust molded into the nose ring at the same time. Once those are
set, I make my own marks (referenced off my table) as close to the molded-in
marks as possible. When you consider that two fuse halves are joined in the
center, even a few thousands shift somewhere can equate to things being way
out whack at the wing tips. One of many reasons I prefer kits where the
builder glues in the sockets rather than the manufacturer.

Hope this helps

Verne Koester