[NSRCA-discussion] PACSS Scoring software - Flight line time management

Glen Watson ghwatson at comcast.net
Thu Apr 8 17:29:31 AKDT 2010

OK, assuming at a local contest you're flying 2 flight lines, four AMA
classes plus FAI P and F.  I'm wondering if anyone has used the flight order
functionality provided in PACSS with reasonable success to calculate an
estimated time to complete a round.  The flight order functionality uses
user provided times to fly a given sequence to calculate an accumulative
time total by class and by flight line on paper. This enables the CD the
ability to balance the time needed to complete rounds by arranging classes
by flight line.  I experimented with the data from the contest I ran last
year and determined if I setup line 1 to fly Sportsman, Intermediate,
Masters and line 2 Advanced, FAI given the number of contestants I had per
class each line would take approximately 2 hours 15 mins each based on the
default sequence times currently in PACSS.

Below are default times currently in the PACSS program.  They are easily
changed in the Contest Setup page by sequence when setting up a new contest.
If someone has hard data regarding the time it takes to complete their
respective sequence, take-off to landing I would appreciate the input.

Sportsman = 6 mins

Intermediate = 7 mins

Advanced = 9 mins

Masters = 10 mins