[NSRCA-discussion] Home Depot "Sportsman 1100 four stroke Portable Generator-Model # Gen 1100

frank frankjuliei at comcast.net
Thu Sep 24 12:23:56 AKDT 2009

The noise doesn't affect my situation as much as others.  I 'm familiar with
Honda quality - currently own two Honda vehicles and a Honda mower. LOL. Got
255K miles on my first ( 92) Accord and could have gone another 100K. No
doubt their 1000 is the cream of the crop- but it's a bit pricy, IMO. At
last glance, the Home Depot generator  weighed very near what the Honda
weighs-unless I read the stats for the wrong model. As long as it handles
the job, I'm satisfied .Keep the oil clean and keep it from over-heating and
it should last. The HD warranty for one year is a good way out if it is a
bomb. They said that they would repair it for free or  issue a refund . Now,
someone out there must have one to give us a report.

Frank

  _____