[NSRCA-discussion] unknowns

Woodward, Jim (US SSA) jim.woodward at baesystems.com
Tue Sep 22 06:30:31 AKDT 2009

Vicente  - good points too –the rolling circle is tough and this particular maneuver also discourages some folks from moving up.  Like you said, there are many similarities too.  The hardest thing about flying IMAC and pattern is going from a lot of IMAC practice, to flying the smaller pattern plane again.  IMAC in the South East anyway, is strongly encouraging to fly the 40% planes as close to the runway as possible – well inside 150 meters to put a number on it.  So, going from flying a huge plane close, to a smaller plane “far” away, is very uncomfortable for me.  It takes like 10-20 flights to feel “ahead” of the pattern plane again if say, you dedicated 6 weeks to IMAC flying then switched back to pattern.  However, going from the pattern plane to IMAC plane is cake – you are ready for competition in 3 flights.
Jim