[NSRCA-discussion] batteries high or low (electric pilots)

Earl Haury ejhaury at comcast.net
Tue Sep 15 16:15:38 AKDT 2009

Jason, looks like you're not getting any takers on this item. It seems
logical that anything of significant mass (batteries) should be close to the
roll center of the airplane, and I mount mine that way. I flew an Abbra for
a season with the batts centered and liked the way it flew. OTOH, several
folks have competed successfully with the Abbra with batts hanging low in
the cowl - so go figure.

Guess you'll just have to do the experiment (and let us know what you
observe).

Earl