[NSRCA-discussion] header help

Roger Hammel skitimberlakespartava at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 10 07:02:51 AKDT 2009

Have a new header - AAP #500 flex header from Advanced Aero Products I just installed - was unopened old stock. Old corrugated cooling type header would back out of the head no matter what - tried multiple copper washers.  I gave up. so installed new flex header. No backing out, but motor noise substantially increased. Found that braided stainless header portion will leak air if I blow in exhaust end.  Anyone familiar with these flex headers ?  Is there something special I need to do to quiet them down and not leak ?  Thanks for any help.  Roger