[NSRCA-discussion] Careful with those SPAM controls please, Yahoo! mail delayed

Tom Simes simestd at netexpress.com
Tue Sep 8 12:59:18 AKDT 2009

Just FYI, Yahoo! is currently delaying delivery of some NSRCA list
messages.  According to the error message their servers are feeding
back, the delay is due to user complaints:

host a.mx.mail.yahoo.com[67.195.168.31] refused to talk to me: 421 4.7.0
[TS01] Messages from 209.112.194.3 temporarily deferred due to user
complaints - 4.16.55.1; see http://postmaster.yahoo.com/421-ts01.html

This is a temporary error, so the NSRCA list server will retry delivery,
and the messages are getting through eventually.  Ironically this
message will be delayed as well to those on Yahoo!.

Please be careful with your provider's anti-SPAM controls, the impact of
an accidental configuration can have unintended consequences beyond the
user who makes the mistake.  As always, if you have any questions or
problems with any of the NSRCA lists (or want to start a new one - yes,
I did read the latest K-Factor), feel free to drop me a line.

--
Tom

   "Z-80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, the system's

Tom Simes                                       simestd at netexpress.com