[NSRCA-discussion] YS 160DZ follow up, YS 140DZ for sale

Michael Cohen precisionaero at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 6 15:53:34 AKDT 2009

Well, the 160DZ problem from a few weeks back is solved.  After successful ground runs I once again had a dead stick in flight.  I decided it was time to send it in to YS and I took the engine out of the plane.  Then, something on the front caught my eye as I was about to stick it into the plastic bag.  The fuel line at the front of the engine was split right at the bulge of the upper nipple.  Good grief Charlie Brown, can’t believe after the mid-air I did not check the simplest of things.  I took the engine (alsmost) completely apart!  Well, with a new fuel line the engine runs great, so now that the 160DZ is working, I have no need for a backup 140DZ, so it is for sale.  I have found it seems to like a 17X10N at Michigan altitude and at my former location of Albuquerque too.  It had plenty of power to pull my Brio through this years and last years Master’s sequence.  I am asking for $350 for the engine.  Please e-mail me privately if you are interested.  I am going to the D4 championship in a few weeks, so if you are headed there, I can bring it with me.  If you are not, I can ship it too.

Michael Cohen