[NSRCA-discussion] FAT Rudder -> scores

jivey jivey61 at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 1 20:17:46 AKDT 2009

vicki Ivey
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Stuart Chale
  To: General pattern discussion
  Sent: Tuesday, September 01, 2009 2:45 PM
  Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] FAT Rudder -> scores

  Where did you find the videos?
  Stuart

  seefo at san.rr.com wrote:
Having seen Christophe fly on several occasions, I can say without a doubt, YES.. he is that good. Same can be said for any of the top 10 at the WC though. Any of them can put in a burner of a flight and score that well. CPLR just seems to be able to put it together when it counts.

Also very impressed with Benoit's flying.. At the TOC I thought Benoit was a better freestyle pilot than CPLR, and I'm glad to see he's getting recognition at the world level too. It has to be hard to be the 'other' PLR brother.

One thing I didn't care for from watching videos was the style of flying. The very slow rolling through all the maneuvers seemed to take away segment definition for me and blended it all together into continuous motion of sorts. Nothing wrong with it.. I'm just not a fan.

Doug

---- Anthony Abdullah <aabdu at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
  George,
    Quote "I can't believe that anybody can be THAT good !" I asked a couple people at the contest last weekend that exact question. Considering the company he was in is he really that much better than everyone else? I am not suggesting that there was any bias, but it just feels a little funny that none of the 99 or so other world class fliers could beat him in even one round? I hope he flies in the 2011 worlds as I am very much looking forward to what perfect pattern flights look like.

Anthony