[NSRCA-discussion] Lone Star Balsa Back in Business

glmiller3 at suddenlink.net glmiller3 at suddenlink.net
Sun Oct 25 08:06:55 AKDT 2009

Hi all,

I just ordered balsa from Lone Star for my Pentathlon Evo winter project.

The guy I spoke with on the phone was very nice and though not a flier said he'd send me what I needed.

Here is what I ordered and the weight in grams :

1/16 X 3 X36

35: 3 X 10  ;  4X 11;  9X 12;  9X 13;  3X  14;  2X 15;  2X  16; 2X 17;  1X 18

1/16 X 3 X 48

5:  1X  15;  3X  16;  1X  20

1/8 X 3 X 36

4:  1X  20;  2X  21;  1X  26

3/32  X  3  X  36

8:  1X  17;  3X  18;  2X  19;  1X  20;  1X  21

1/4 X 3 X 36

2:  1X  38;  1X  52

Overall quality of the wood is very good....very uniform and consistent thickness and width without a lot of knots

Even though he said he was "backed up"   I ordered m\Monday and received it Saturday.

Just FYI as we approach the "building season"

George

PS:  I'm really bummed that I had to miss Crowley this weekend!   Work came up and bit me.