[NSRCA-discussion] Rules proposal 11-6 question

John Fuqua johnfuqua at embarqmail.com
Tue Oct 20 14:52:55 AKDT 2009

Jim
You have a different memory from me.  I remember the planes going a half a
mile out at either end and gaining lots of altitude so they could screeming
in a downhill full speed max power pass at center.  Yeah the engines were
doing 16 grand and they were LOUD.  When the 98 FAI DB rule was imposed
people said it could NEVER be done.  Kinda like the IMAC boys said a few
years ago.  For one, turnaround got me back in Pattern because I got burnt
out on all that noise and the same old maneuvers.  Turnaround changed all
that.  As someone else said some quit but the rest kept at it.  And I would
challenge anybody to disagree that the overall quality of skill has gone up
dramatically because of turnaround demands.
John