[NSRCA-discussion] Rules proposal 11-6 question

James Oddino joddino at socal.rr.com
Tue Oct 20 09:12:44 AKDT 2009

Joe, it sounds like you might be on the right track. The first step in
any engineering project is to establish the requirements for the end
product whether it be a paper proposal or a new weapon system (or a
health insurance program).  This should not be done behind closed
doors, set in concrete, and then tossed over the transom to the folks
that have to create it.  The requirements should be developed with an
iterative process that includes analysis, prototyping and testing.

It sounds like you have done some of that by establishing the skill
sets for each class.  Perhaps you should publish your requirements/
objectives and if most agreed with them, I believe the sequences would
be relatively easy to come up with.

I for one don't think the lower classes should be made more difficult
each year.  Is there any other sport that changes the rules every few
years to make it more difficult?  That is probably the single most
significant reason pattern is not growing in numbers.  It would be
interesting to see what affect turnaround had on the number of folks
flying pattern.

Jim