[NSRCA-discussion] Rules proposal 11-6 question

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Tue Oct 20 05:08:49 AKDT 2009

John,

I agree with you to a large extent. I was helping my son recently, where he flew Sportsman at his very first contest. The biggest problem I saw with Sportsman was the half Cuban into the Cobra. Very difficult to do a decent half Cuban and still have room to center the Cobra, unless you had a 2m plane and flew at 150m distance. He was flying a 48" Vanquish (very well, I might add).

I like the idea of exiting/entering the box in Sportsman, but I do think there should be some turnaround maneuvers thrown in.

Bob R.