[NSRCA-discussion] glassing a fuse

Eddie Batchelor P.D. perkinsrx at centurytel.net
Mon Oct 19 21:24:17 AKDT 2009

I am about to glass my 1st fuse.  I;ve read all the threads on how to's but I have question I've not seen covered by anyone.

Looking at laminating epoxys I see pigment available. in my past I fiberglassed an old wooden boat and added pigment to the resin BUT I had no clue how to properly apply glass/resin and didn't care about weight. I learned a lot about what NOT to do.

I have not seen any reference by anone to using pigment in their resin when glassing a plane.  Why not.
is it weight  or lack of ability to see the wood underneath for finish sanding or something altogether different thaht I haven't thought of.

Just curious.

eddie batchelor