[NSRCA-discussion] Snap

Don Ramsey don.ramsey at suddenlink.net
Sun Oct 11 17:55:07 AKDT 2009

It seems we sometimes get caught up in the name of a maneuver.  The
description always takes preference over the name.  Some examples: double
Immelmann without rolls is not a double Immelmann if it doesn't have the
rolls, stall turn may not really be a stall turn, our snap into a spin is
not really a snap into a spin but that's what we call it because we define
it that way.  The question is, why is the snap any different?  In essence,
the description now says it is a pitch break, followed by. and ideally the
model follows the track of the geometry of the maneuver.  It may not be a
snap but that's what we call it.  My biggest concern is what we now have is
a maneuver that with 5 judges is likely to get an 8, 0, 7, 0, 9.  That's not
what we need.  One element of a maneuver should not determine who wins the
NATS or a local contest.

Don