[NSRCA-discussion] Proposed rule change

Bill's Email wemodels at cox.net
Sat Oct 10 10:39:51 AKDT 2009

 Heretic Time -

Why not dispense with wind correction all together with the exception
that loops still need to "look" round. Pattern has wind correction
figures in almost every sequence so why bother with all the
complications that wind correction introduces? Fly the attitude and then
there is never any need for all the angst about how to account for wind
correction and how it "looks" to the judges.

Yes, I know, wind correction is a religion with pattern, but just stop
to think about how many problems it causes and how many discussions
there are about judging track, and ignoring crab, and other wind
corrections and how it makes the plane look despite flying the correct
track.

Fly the attitude, then level is level, straight is straight, vertical is
vertical. Fly loops so they appear round and you are done. Use the
options for in/out on things like humpties, stall turns, etc. to stay on
your line.

Wind correction just causes so many complications and errors in judging
that I have never seen the real value in it.