[NSRCA-discussion] Proposed rule change

Ed White edvwhite at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 10 09:05:46 AKDT 2009

It seems a bit odd to me.  I can agree with allowing wind drift in stall turns. It not just a good idea, its the law (laws of physics).  But I'm having problems with the "The wind corrected attitude of the model must
not be changed as the stall is approached"  I agree that the plane slows the wind corrected attitude must change to maintain flight path and at some point that becomes impossible and wind drift occurs.But would not this be the only case where the rules specify an attitude even though that attitude does not produce a wind corrected flight path?

Why not just permit wind drift in the rules?

Also, I'm struggling with a rules change with the rationale, "Stall turns flown as described in the changes
always score better with the majority of judges." That may be true, but why should we institutionalize some manner of flying the maneuver in the rule book just because it scores better?

Ed