[NSRCA-discussion] OS 1.60 - muffler recommendations?

Pascoe,Tim [Burlington] Tim.Pascoe at ec.gc.ca
Fri Oct 9 06:11:41 AKDT 2009

I have an OS 1.60 which I'm planning on putting into a practice plane. I
don't want to put a full 2C pipe on it, and in fact don't have the
length in the existing tunnel to do it. The engine came with a Bisson
Pitts style muffler (bought used with 10 flights on it), but I'm not
thrilled with the sound of those kinds of mufflers either.

So - suggestions would be appreciated. I've had one person suggest that
I use a 4C pipe, but I'm not sure if that would provide enough volume?
If it would, then problem solved since I can get an older Hatori pipe no
problem.

Thanks,

Tim Pascoe