[NSRCA-discussion] basic judging question

J N Hiller jnhiller at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 7 07:24:37 AKDT 2009

Most of the time in a stiff head wind or an occasional tailwind the airplane
will need to be brought to near vertical just prior to rotation to prevent
flopping and re-pitched into the wind about the time the tail waggle is
canceled. Timing is critical as any visible uncorrected line either up or
down can be subject to downgrade. I find that setting a corrected line (yaw)
prior to the roll in the figure M especially challenging in a crosswind.
Flying in the wind can be enjoyable. I should do it more.
Jim Hiller