[NSRCA-discussion] Power Panal/Banana Jacks

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Thu Nov 26 18:59:41 AKST 2009

Take the buss bar idea one step further, just drill several 4mm holes in it and plug directly into it.

--- On Thu, 11/26/09, Atwood, Mark <atwoodm at paragon-inc.com> wrote:

I’m actually looking at getting jacks with a threaded post and rather than soldering to the tab (which seems to be the thinnest, lightest duty portion of the product) I’ll drill through a brass strip and tap it for the thread and screw the jacks to the brass strip.  Basically making a power bus bar from the brass.   The bar will handle the amperage with ease and running two of them in parallel won’t create enough capacitance to bother.

I see no need to fuse them as the PS is already fused.

See…this is what happens when I don’t have a plane to build…