[NSRCA-discussion] Power Panal/Banana Jacks

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Thu Nov 26 18:03:48 AKST 2009

Mark,

The first link you gave is for a jack that is rated for 25 amps. So, what am I missing?

Ok, 4mm instead of 3mm. The 4mm bullet connectors will fit and are rated for way higher amperage:

http://www.allerc.com/product_info.php?cPath=10&products_id=2558

Where I work, we have some test equipment with 30 amp outputs that use banana plugs. However, the plugs are NOT the ones you would buy from Radio Shack, they have many more fingers and are gold plated.

Bob R.

--- On Thu, 11/26/09, Atwood, Mark <atwoodm at paragon-inc.com> wrote:

Banana plugs are 4mm.  But what I’m looking for are the jacks/receptacle to plug the banana plugs into.    I need to make a power panel for plugging chargers into.

Here’s an example…

http://www.tequipment.net/Pomona5700.asp

or

http://www.muellerelectric.com/binding_posts.html

but these are all rated only for 15amps.  They’ll probably all work fine, but we’re normally pulling 20amps plus.
-M

Mark Atwood
Paragon Consulting, Inc.  |  President
5885 Landerbrook Drive Suite 130, Cleveland Ohio, 44124
Phone: 440.684.3101 x102  |  Fax: 440.684.3102
mark.atwood at paragon-inc.com  |  www.paragon-inc.com