[NSRCA-discussion] Alabama Bound

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Wed Nov 25 09:43:25 AKST 2009

You probably already know this, but you would have to use a higher KV motor.

Since electric motors can be wound many different ways, it is possible to run a much larger diameter prop at a lower rpm and have a more constant speed aircraft than would be possible with an I/C engine, unless of course you have a belt reduction drive like Dean Koger flew in the early 90s. (That thing was AWESOME!). That is one reason I can think of for the 13" prop restriction. Also, the 70s era planes would like kinda stupid with 10" gear struts. :-)

Bob R.