[NSRCA-discussion] Plane thought to be off still alive WAS: Shorting plug with 2.4

W. Eddie Batchelor perkinsrx at centurytel.net
Fri Nov 20 15:26:11 AKST 2009

On a note of safety I'd like to share an incident that occurred at our club
recently.

A sport flyer put his foamy down after flying it and took his glow plane out
to fly. He obviously failed to unplug the battery and it being a typical
foamy with a bec, when he throttled up to start his glow plane the foamy in
the pits took off. Luckily no one was injured.

When flying pattern I realize we don't normally have out more than 1 plane
BUT it's getting to the time of year when some of us play with other types
of RC and I just want to remind everyone to always be sure your system is
powered off , somehow.

Whether you use an arming plug or not is a personal decision. But have a
routine(protocol) in place to be positive everything is unplugged.

We pattern guys are famous for our routines(protocols)  -and that's a good
thing.  I just don't think talking about safety can ever be too much of a
good thing !

Eddie

  _____