[NSRCA-discussion] World Models Super Taiji/Impulse XP ARFs

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Mon Nov 16 12:48:39 AKST 2009

I've been doing some research on the World Models Super Taiji and
Impulse XP ARFs.  Both are 2M airplanes.  Unlike virtually every
other ARF on the market, the Super Taiji and Impulse XP come fully
painted (no mylar covering).  I chose the Impulse XP because it comes
in an IC-motor version and an electric-motor version.  I picked the
EP version.  You can look at both ARFs here:

Super Taiji:   http://www.theworldmodels.com/para/products/
airplanedetails.php?airplaneid=225

Impulse XP:    http://www.theworldmodels.com/para/products/
airplanedetails.php?airplaneid=227

I e-mailed Steve Ruba at AirBorne Models (World Models' U.S.
distributor) and asked for weight information.  Here's what he told me:

"Dry weight of Super Taiji: 2590 g.
"Dry weight of Impulse XP: 2470 g.
"Dry weight of Impulse XP EP: 2370 g.    The EP version of the
Impulse XP has a lighter fuselage, due to less reinforcement at the
firewall.

"All the above weight includes airframe and main landing gear."

The Super Taiji retails for $2000.  The Impulse XP retails for
$1500.  Both prices do not include shipping from California.  There
is a six-week delivery period.

Ron