[NSRCA-discussion] Dual Rates Switches

Troy Newman troy at troynewman.net
Mon Nov 2 16:23:18 AKST 2009

Possible solutions.....

Travel Volume is really high and the rates are set really low. Like
Travel Adjust is at 150% but the D/R is set at 30% with large amounts of
expo. And can even be complicated by extreme amounts of subtrim too.

Although this is probably not the issue I have seen it happen on well
worn TX's meaning the Gimbal pots are worn/bad.

If they getting really bad then it happens even when the travel adjust
and d/r are in reasonable numbers.

Another option while I have not seen it on the JR radios is that the pot
has slipped on the gimbal so center is not the same center the gimbal
was calibrated too. This happened on the Futaba 9Z radios all the time.
Never had the problem with the JR 10x like this though.

I would ask how long it has been since the radio was sent in for
service? If it's over 3years well it's past time.

The TX pots can get worn over time like a servo pot. The TX just doesn't
have the vibration to accelerate the wear, but they can get dirty and
worn and this affects accuracy.

Troy Newman

Team JR/ Horizon Hobby