[NSRCA-discussion] Lipo battery

Richard Strickland pamrich47 at hotmail.com
Sun May 31 21:35:22 AKDT 2009

Hi Jerry,

As we have been striving to get better life out of the larger packs--along with more consistent and better performance, there is something about the chemistry that a gradual breaking in period has shown to be of benefit.  For the first five or so flights, I have been trying to stay under half of capacity and amp draw--and really don't lay in to them until after 10-12 flights.  Some guys put them on a stand and run at a set power--bringing them up gradually. There is a website that I'm sure some one will point you to later--but I think there is a site for Flight-Power that has some good info.  I think the smaller packs are subject to a lot more regular abuse--they're relatively cheap and you can pitch em after 30-40 flights with no great loss--but of course you have to be careful with them.  A little break in would probably help--particularly if you have the set-up correct to start with...

Richard