[NSRCA-discussion] Honda generator question

glmiller3 at suddenlink.net glmiller3 at suddenlink.net
Thu May 28 06:43:18 AKDT 2009

if only they put out light!

---- Gray E Fowler <gfowler at raytheon.com> wrote:

=============
Not so worried about Hazmat clean up if I broke one in my house.
Regardless, these all have a small amount of mercury which as far as the
"Nasty" scale goes versus human existence is a 10. The real problem is
that they will end up in landfills, and the mecury gets into the soil,
water, worms etc. So my advice is to concentrate on NOT believing global
warming instead of Hazmat cleanup and costs.

The real answer(according to Gray)  will be LED's!!!!!

Gray Fowler
Senior Principal Chemical Engineer
Radomes and Specialty Apertures
Technical Staff Composites Engineering
Raytheon

"Bill's Email" <wemodels at cox.net>
Sent by: nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org
05/27/2009 06:43 PM
Please respond to
General pattern discussion <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org>

General pattern discussion <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Honda generator question

Ed Alt wrote:
Yeah, the mini florescents are a dumb idea.  All you need to do is break
one and you need a Hazmat team to legally clean up the mercury.

Yes they are a dumb idea if you believe this kind of clap trap. Here is
the official EPA statement and method for cleanup. It does not involve any
kind of Hazmat response, which BTW I do for a living and trust me I have
never heard of anyone doing this.

http://www.epa.gov/hg/spills/

All easy stuff, no hazmat team required.

Beyond that, this is an interesting read on how things get blown out of
proportion and distorted:

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/05/the_real_dirt_o.php

The following line is added for your protection and will be used for
analysis if this message is reported as spam: (Raytheon Analysis:
IP=209.112.194.3; e-from=nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org;
from=wemodels at cox.net; date=May 27, 2009 11:43:14 PM; subject=Re:
[NSRCA-discussion] Honda generator question)