[NSRCA-discussion] Random tip on ATV and setup

Don Ramsey don.ramsey at suddenlink.net
Sun May 24 16:32:50 AKDT 2009

Yesterday, after several flights, I started my YS170DZ.  It ran for about 15
seconds and died.  Nothing I could do would even make it hit.  After
disassembling the engine I noticed the carburetor butterfly valve would
rotate 360 degrees.  The screw that restricts the butterfly was gone.  I
have never had one come out before and now I'm spooked since it seems to be
held in with a light spring and is not very tight.

Anyone know if there would be a problem putting high temp RTV in the hole
and running the engine?

Don