[NSRCA-discussion] Foam cutter power supply

Paul LaChance plachance at cox.net
Thu May 21 00:25:10 AKDT 2009

Hi all,

I was told about a way to make a power supply for a foam cutter using 2 dimmer switches.  I was also told to measure the final voltage to get an approximate starting point of 15 volts.  I am not getting a voltage change with the dimmers.  I have tested to see that there is a difference by using a drill to see that it is reducing the speed.  Does anyone know how I can measure to get a starting point or is it going to be trial and error?

Thanks in advance,

Paul