[NSRCA-discussion] 140 DZ and Hatori Header

Ron Hansen rcpilot at wowway.com
Mon May 18 16:51:59 AKDT 2009

This weekend I noticed a 1000 rpm loss in power with my 140 DZ.  While
taking the engine out I notice a significant amount of soot buildup at
the entrance of the Hatori header.  Has anyone ever experienced this
before?

I know it could be the cause of my loss of power but is this amount of
buildup to be expected over several years of use?

I'm wondering whether there could be any other issues with the engine
that could have contributed to this buildup.

Ultimately I will have to put the engine on the test stand and try it
out with a clean header.

Ron