[NSRCA-discussion] stirring the pot..;)

Mark Hunt flyintexan at att.net
Mon May 18 13:57:20 AKDT 2009

I have taken note that since we started flying the F pattern regularly on Sunday at local contests (couple years now), we have been scoring it in such a way that it is simply treated as a 6 round contest in which any combination of the F and P sequences may be the drop rounds.  I think the concensus originaly being that not everyone is comfortable flying the F, allowing those that only practice the P to be able to drop both F rounds (usually 2 F rounds on Sunday).

Hypothetically, it could be run and tabulated in such a way that in a typical 6 round contest of 4 P's and 2 F's, you would drop one P and one F.  More of a Prelims and Finals style.

It's not any serious concern to me, but I am curious, what is the concensus among FAI pilots now?  Just keep it the same, or consider changing?

-mark