[NSRCA-discussion] Contests

Bill Glaze billglaze at bellsouth.net
Mon May 18 10:26:34 AKDT 2009

Inasmuch as we are obviously open to new ideas, I have decided to address a new contest format.

We will have qualified judges, (2 or 3) available at the field all day.

Contestants may come out any time between the hours of 8 AM and 4 PM to fly.  They will fly a flight, and then either hang around, or (hopefully) go home. (Or wherever/whatever.)

Contestants will be scored at the CD's leisure, and, at the end of the day, scores will be tabulated, and trophies, (if available) will be mailed to the winners, if any.  All scores will remain confidential; only the scorer and CD will be privy to the numbers, on a need-to-know basis.

Just think:  No hanging around for a couple of days, no pre-flight jitters, no complaints about judging, (contestants probably will be long gone before complaints could be lodged) no squawking about lousy food, etc. etc. and, if you don't place, there will be no necessity for saying "how could he outscore me?  I flew better!"
Think of the advantages!  The possibilities are endless!  I guarantee that this format will absolutely revolutionize pattern!  It will be changed beyond belief!